Who are Barleycorn Concertinas?
Barleycorn Concertinas began in 1972. Over the last 25 years, thousands of instruments have reached the hands of players from this company and we boast some of the greatest exponents of the instrument among our customers.
Barleycorn Concertinas Policy
It has been our policy not to advertise concertinas because we have usually worked on recommendations - having a reputation among players was our greatest ambition. However, in these days of the global market with players from all over the world who may never have met one of our many satisfied customers we have decided to let people know that we can sell not only top instruments to serious players but also the first concertina to a beginner.
Why Barleycorn Concertinas?
- We are undoubtedly the largest stockist and seller of concertinas in the world - selling over 300 instruments a year
- We work from home by mail order or meeting customers by appointment.
- We have long experience with concertinas and provide a personal service and great knowledge.
- No distraction of shops or shop assistants who may not specialise in the instrument.
- No competition with other customers.
- No constraints of shop hours.
- You don't pay for shop premises, rates, VAT, assistants wages etc
With Barleycorn Concertinas you buy a better quality instrument for less money.
Barleycorn Concertinas Service
- We buy and sell, take trade ins
- We do valuations (£10 per instrument)
- We run a wanted list where we search for that rare and unusual instrument.
- You can trade in the concertina which you buy from us at the same price as you paid when you upgrade that instrument in due course (always assuming that it is in the same condition as when it was sold and taking into account import duty on concertinas coming in from abroad).
- We guarantee our instruments for a year from the date of sale.
- We send instruments by mail order on a weeks approval.
Can we Export?
For years Barleycorn has been exporting to America, Ireland, Europe and Asia, often through major dealers in those countries. Without realising it many people could be playing an instrument which originated here. We now have hundreds of American customers and if you are at all concerned please check out our feedback on the web and e-bay.