Barleycorn Concertinas began in 1974. From that day onwards, thousands of instruments have reached the hands of players from this company and we boast some of the greatest exponents of the instrument among our customers.
- We are undoubtedly the largest stockist and seller of concertinas in the world – selling over 300 instruments a year
- We work from home by mail order or meeting customers by appointment.
- We have long experience with concertinas and provide a personal service and great knowledge.
- No distraction of shops or shop assistants who may not specialise in the instrument.
- No competition with other customers.
- No constraints of shop hours.
- You don’t pay for shop premises, rates, VAT, assistants wages etc
Barleycorn Concertinas Service
- We buy and sell, take trade ins.
- We do valuations (£10 per instrument).
- We run a wanted list where we search for that rare and unusual instrument.
- You can trade in the concertina which you buy from us at the same price as you paid when you upgrade that instrument in due course (always assuming that it is in the same condition as when it was sold and taking into account import duty on concertinas coming in from abroad and fluctuations in current prices).
- We guarantee our instruments for major defects for a year from the date of sale.
- We send instruments by mail order on a week’s approval.
Can we Export?
For years Barleycorn has been exporting to America, Ireland, Europe and Asia, often through major dealers in those countries. Without realising it many people could be playing an instrument which originated here. We have overwhelmingly positive feedback for our services all over the globe, and with our one-week approval and one-year warranty, you can be confident in using us from abroad.
Our business has changed a lot over in recent times due to Brexit, meaning that customs charges are applicable if you are buying from an EU country. Each country’s rates differ, and some allow lower rates for antiques whereas others do not. Please find out your own country’s customs rates before purchasing to avoid a nasty surprise upon delivery of the concertina.
For those wishing to travel to us by plane or train, we are conveniently located between Crewe and Stoke-on-Trent train stations, and we can pick you up from either of those, as well as collection from Manchester Airport.